Sports Field Construction Company for the Texas Market
- Posted on inbuilding & construction
EBITDA Range 1.5M-2.5M
Revenue Range 5M-10M
Deal Structure Full-Sale
Houston-based company that provides turn-key athletic field construction and renovation services in the Texas market. It has built, restored, and maintained all types of outdoor sports facilities such as football fields, baseball fields, softball fields, soccer fields, lacrosse fields, running tracks, field events, and tennis courts. Additionally, the company also resells athletic field materials and
· In business for nearly two decades
· Strong relationships with general contractors
· Great reputation and branding
· Among top contractors for athletic construction projects in Texas
· As of August 2017, company has over $7M in anticipated projects
· Year-over-year increases in revenue from 2013-2016
· Maintains approximately 75% repeat business
· Expand into other markets such as Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, etc.
· Establish sales and marketing team
· Move into the construction of indoor athletic facilities
· Align w/major supply companies as distributor and grow website sales
· Create own artificial turf and synthetic track surface product lines
· Bring irrigation in-house and expand into landscaping
· Move into design-build projects by aligning with engineering firm
· Bid on larger projects outside of sports fields
Market Currently Served
Any athletic type field facility in Texas primarily in Houston. Projects are built for school districts, universities, youth leagues, little leagues, pony leagues, churches, and private schools.
The company leases a 3,000 sq. ft. facility from an unrelated third party. It is a two story building that is used for office space and equipment storage.
Shareholder/ Owner Objectives
Two shareholders are approaching retirement age and seek to sell the business to find a succession plan. Only one is active in day-to-day operations, but both are willing to remain with the company for up to three years to ensure a smooth transition.
* Profit before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (non-cash items)